5 Free Graphing Calculator Apps for Mobile (Android and iOS)
A graphing calculator (also called a graphics calculator) is a handheld computer for plotting graphs and solving simultaneous equations. Graphing calculators are an important device for mathematics and science students and anyone who has to deal with plotting graphs regularly. You may be familiar with the powerful Casio and Texas Instruments calculators. Still, your mobile phones App Store also offers a range of free graphing calculators with lots of handy features you will love to use. This list looks at the very best graphing calculators to help you solve calculus or any other type of applied math problems you face.
1) Desmos Graphing Calculator
The Desmos Graphing Calculator is a free full-featured graphing calculator for plotting different graphs and solving equations. It is pretty easy to use, featuring an intuitive interface you can easily navigate. This graphing calculator is built with Demos' powerful math engine to quickly plot graphs and equations.
This free app lets you plot parametric and cartesian graphs and graph multiple expressions without limitations. Thanks to the "Sliders" feature, it is easy to adjust values intuitively. Demos Graphing Calculator makes math easier to solve, and it's completely free to use.
Furthermore, this calculator lets you scale axes independently or simultaneously by pinching your screen with two fingers. Touch any curve to show the points of interest - maximums, minimums, and intersections. Tap on grey points of interest to view coordinates.
- Supports various graphs: Polar, Cartesian, or Parametric graphs.
- Sliders to allow you to adjust values interactively or animate parameters to view the effect on your graph.
- Create input-output tables for functions.
- Quickly find best-fit lines, parabolas, and more.
- Integrates all scientific calculator features.
- Offline graphing calculator.
2) GeoGebra Graphing Calculator
GeoGebra Graphing Calculator lets you plot different graphs and solve various mathematical equations. It features a super intuitive interface that anyone can easily understand, and it works on all Android devices running from Android 4.4 upwards.
This graphing calculator lets you find the main points of your functions and allows you to save and share your results with your classmates, teacher, or anyone that needs to see them. No doubt, the GeoGebra calculator makes math and science lectures easy to follow up.
- Quickly plot functions, polar, and parametric curves.
- Use sliders for more flexibility and easiness.
- Easily find point interests of functions, including the roots, minimums, maximums, and intersections.
- Supports regression with best-fit lines.
- Free learning resources built into the app.
- Save and share your results.
- Does not solve equations, derivatives, and integrals.
3) NumWorks Graphing Calculator
This graphing calculator from Numworks is based on the Python programming language. It is one of the best graphing calculators available for free - for Android users. NumWorks is developed by educators and developers, making it an ideal option for any STEM application.
The calculator integrates a ton of handy features and a long list of supported functions for achieving different types of calculations. With its support for Python programmers, if you're good with Python, you can custom program your equations into the calculator. Overall, this calculator is efficient, unique, and flexible.
- Add your own equation via Python programming.
- Works for solving equations and linear systems.
- Plot any type of graph.
- Uses several distributions for probabilities’ calculations.
- Entirely free to use and completely offline calculator.
4) Symbolab Graphing Calculator
When you need a fast, reliable, and intuitive graphing calculator that would work on all your Android devices, the Symbolab calculator is an ideal option. This calculator is entirely available for free, and it proves to be a useful tool to students at different levels: College or university students.
Symbolab Graphing Calculator is an interactive graphing calculator with graph functions, conics, and inequalities. You can use this graphing calculator to solve most complex graph functions. It shows you all function properties, including intercepts and extreme points.
- Intuitive and easy to use interface.
- Supports multiple graph functions.
- Solves functions and inequalities.
- Shows function properties such as extreme points, asymptotes, and intercepts.
- Save graphs to your Symbolab Notebook for easy access - through the cloud - on any device.
- Interactively displays graphs with their parameters
- Find minimums and maximums.
4) Alego Graphing Calculator
The Alego Graphing Calculator is a full-feature calculus and scientific graphing calculator. It is fast, built with a powerful engine, and eliminates the need for carrying around a bulky TI calculator because it integrates all the functions you need for your math or science class.
With the intuitive interface, you'd view your drawn functions as they'd appear on paper; it doesn't squeeze everything into a single line. Yeah, this calculator works completely offline and can solve x+y equations. With Algeo, you can draw functions, find intersections, and show a table of values of the functions.
There are many things you could do with this calculator, including symbolic differentiation, integrals (definite only) calculations, plot functions and find their roots, and more. Alego is handy for math classes in high school or university.
- Supports RAD, DEG, trigonometric and hyperbolic functions.
- Access to result History.
- Solve linear equations (x+y).
- Number theoretic functions.
- Draw up to four functions and analyze them.
- Automatically find roots and intersections.
- Easy to zoom.
- Save and share your results.
Download the Alego Graphing Calculator App: Android
These graphing calculators are the best you can use on your Android or iOS device. They are all free to download; however, a few of them offer in-app purchases to activate certain features and tools. These calculators are suitable for college and university students - you’d never need a physical calculator again when you have any of these installed on your device. If you need just a normal scientific calculator checkout our post on the best scientific calculators for mobile.